Well well well, hit or flop.. only time will tell but a new Twitter based startup is on the horizon .. http://twit2tel.com
So, you want to make free international calls.. isnt it? Aha, yes you do.. well unlike what you think there is no catch in it and I aint bribed for writing this article about twit2tel (not to mention.. why would they pay some blogger who’s got handful of readers.. and umm yes that makes you special )
Ok, so lets cut through to the real deal… to make an International Call you need to do the following:
1. Get an account on Twitter ..
2. Open Twit2Tel.com and login using your Twitter account and grant Twit2Tel the necessary privileges it requires; also while you are completing your registration at Twit2Tel, do mention your mobile number (I dont know but you may not be able to register if you dont do that, so that goes in without saying.. lol )
3. You are all set .. Now get your friends to do the same… once they are also registered, all you need to do is to go to the homepage of Twit2Tel and make a call to Twitter-Id of your friend (your should find the box for that in lower right corner of the home page of Twit2Tel)
After Step3, Twit2Tel will automatically call you.. and make you hear a 10 seconds ad, and then will call the number associated with your friend’s Twitter Id. All (s)he needs to do then is accept the call and press 1 (which is the option to accept the call)
Well, thats it folks. Now enjoy a 4 minutes good voice quality call to your friend which is basically unlimited because you can make a thousand 4 minutes free call
Feel free to drop in your comments and suggestions. And hey, there is much more to Twit2tel than free calls, such as voicemail, etc! But for me, I am enjoying the free calls and care the least for the rest! Probably you may wanna explore more!
6 thoughts on “Make International Calls for Free (through Twitter)”
Hmmm, gotto try this out sounds promising! Have you tried calling international somewhere ?
I tried this Nationally, but the call setup is somewhere through Europe.. so I believe it should work Internationally as well! (However, it will be put to practice and test by myself very soon 😉 )
My name is Warren Davis and I’m a co-founder of Twit2Tel.com. No this isn’t a joke you can Twitcall me at Twit2tel call Twit2Tel_warren. I saw your article and just wanted to say thanks for reviewing the site. Everything you said is pretty accurate. We have updated the site so I wanted to make you and readers aware of some changes we think will enhance their experience.
1. You don’t have to add your number to get access to your voice messages. That was a problem that we had before, because people didn’t necessarily want to trust a new app that launched a week ago. The number is necessary to make calls, leave voice messages, and talk for 4 minutes.
2. People who haven’t signed up can still hear their voice messages so go ahead and send them. Basically we added an auto @reply that is sent to the username you called. There is a link there that they click and it takes them to a non-member but still private page that has the message in our media player, the name and the profile pictures of the user who sent the message. We did this so people could get a feel for Twit2Tel and understand that it works. Plus we didn’t want to make our users try to force the app on anyone. It’s been working well so far.
3. We’re actually based out of Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
4. Let’s make this app a hit.
Give me a buzz if you want to know anything else.
Kudos Boy!!! 🙂
Looks helpful..I just registered for this… I need to try a test call now 🙂
Comments are closed.